“If you believe you can’t you won’t, if you believe you can you will”
Rocky came to the US at a very young age with his immigrant Indian parents with only 25 bucks in their pocket and yet despite this rather difficult start, both Rocky and his family managed to climb their way up to a successful life.
Rocky will share his story with us and we will explore how he managed to achieve success starting from an unprivileged place and how you can take steps to get to where you want in your life (spoiler alert: it does not happen overnight).
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are working towards living a richer life (how broad that may sound) and want to hear from someone who has worked his way up the Maslow hierarchy of needs.
- Negotiate everything! Negotiate like an Indian 🙂 and then spend less than the rest. You can still live a rich life without spending too much.
- Automate savings and work on increasing the gap between expenses and income (the faster you do it the faster you can retire)
- Rocky still saved money when his house was paid off, he did not increasing the lifestyle
- Avoid these errors :
- Be careful of all the small recurring expenses
- Not investing properly, think it through (too much emotion)
- Define your life plan:
- Identify the following: What do you really love doing? What is it that you do that people are willing to pay for? What are you good at in the same sphere?
- It takes years to test and pivot (7-8 years for Rocky)
- Once you plan, it is easier to go in the right direction
- Even if you have enough (a lot of) money, it is not what will make you happy, working on that dream life and dream job will
- The key to everything is to take action: It does not need to be big things, just start small with tiny actions, get a step better every day, and believe you will succeed. You will get what you believe.
Who is Rocky?
- Website: Richer Soul
- Instagram: @richer.soul
- Twitter: @rockylalvani
- Book recommendations:
- Best purchase under 100 dollar: Books in general 🙂
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!