While Personal Finance is about saving and investing, it is also about giving. You do not need to (and cannot) give to every single cause but what I have found to be helpful is to give to a cause that speaks to you.
This post is not meant to be political but since I have many great Ukrainian friends from the times I lived in Norway, I felt compelled to help through this channel.
Here are a few verified ways to help Ukraine at the moment:
- 7 Charity Organizations you can support! https://storychief.io/helpukraine
- Biblical Ministries Worldwide
- You can support financially Ukraine and the army – https://savelife.in.ua/en/donate/ more info about the foundation – here and on Wikipedia.
- Here are the verified account details at the National Bank of Ukraine to support the Ukrainian Armed Forces – – https://bank.gov.ua/…/natsionalniy-bank-vidkriv…
- My friend Zina Kumok from the Fincon community is Ukrainian and has a special offer: To support the people in Ukraine, she is offering a one-hour financial coaching call if you send her proof (via firstname.lastname@example.org) that you donated at least $50 to an organization helping Ukrainians.
- She also points to the links from Razom Ukraine for ways to help Ukraine.
- You can purchase T-shirts from the Chive, the proceeds will be donated to the International Rescue Committee.
- Ukrainian Community in Luxembourg: https://help.ukrainians.lu
- The Office in Luxembourg is teaming up with a Polish NGO HumanDoc, read more here.
- Public Hosting group for Luxembourg on Facebook.
- and here is a list with even more ways to help.
- Norway: UKRAINSK forening i Norge use Vipps 718915 – The funds will be used for humanitarian help.
- My own initiative, I created two designs that can be printed on tote bags, pins, t-shirts,… and you can purchase the articles here: Joney Boutique on Red Bubble, all the proceeds will go to the Ukrainian Red Cross (where I have already donated for transparency)
- Keep praying for the situation and…
☝️Pro-Tip: Depending on the organization and taxation rules in your country, donations to qualified organizations can be tax-deductible too. Make sure you keep track of the donations you make. and actually, this could be also an incentive to help you give more! (Your donations plus what you will receive back from the government)