Take a 30,000-foot view, not a 10,000-foot view on side hustling!
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Liz from Kitchen Table Finances.
I have known Liz for a while and met her 2 years ago at Fincon in Washington D.C. She is passionate about personal finance and wants to make it something that you could discuss simply at the kitchen table. Next to that, ever since she was young she has always had the entrepreneurial fiber and so side hustling became a natural part of her life.
While there is no real need for it, she really enjoys it and, this is the key to the interview, she has some unique views about it which she will share with us.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are interested in making extra money but are overwhelmed by the number of possibilities. I hope that Liz’s unique approach will help you get started.
- Side Hustling:
- There are plenty of different options and opportunities. —> Just try one for some time and then change if it does not work out. The important is to just start.
- Think about what is it you need: More flexibility? More money?
- The process can be fun: You learn skills, build experience and meet new people.
- Side hustle ideas:
- Do some research online and see what pops up.
- Selling Printables on Etsy: It is very scalable, you do the work once and can sell your guide/tracking sheet multiple times over (Even 1 pagers!). That is excellent for your time.
- Do boring stuff others do not like to do and get paid for it!
- Consistency is crucial for side hustling (as it is for many things).
- Key idea: Think about something that can add value to your life or the life of others. There are ways to make an impact through side hustling. Don’t stop at the 10,000-foot level, get to the 30,000-foot level, side hustling can be bigger than you can imagine
Who is Liz?
- Website: Kitchen Table Finances (coming soon)
- Facebook: @kitchentablefinances
- Book recommendation:
- Best purchase under 100 dollars: A Vacuum cleaner on sale!
If you liked this episode you can buy me a drink, leave a review on Apple Podcasts, or share the episode with a friend 🙏 . Make sure you follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!