Improve Your Wellness and Mental Health by Making Small Changes
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Valerie from the Wellness and Wanderlust podcast.
Money is an essential pillar in your life and the main focus of this blog and podcast. Of course, as I always like to point out on social media, “Health Before Wealth”, it is important to be in a good place physically, mentally, and even spiritually if that applies to you as well. Otherwise without that solid foundation first, you can earn as much as you want you will never reach a place of happiness or of well-being.
And this well-being and mental health is something we will talk about with Valerie today. She will share great tips on how to incorporate wellness into your busy life, why it is important in these uncertain times and as well how that ties in with your finances (We are on The Joney Talks podcast after all! 😉)
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you want to incorporate more wellness into your life but cannot seem to find the time in your busy stressful everyday life!
- Wellness includes mental health (which plays a big role), physical body, and spiritual wellness.
- You do not have to wake up at 5 am every day to go through your routine. Try to get some form of wellness in a small bite-sized approach throughout your day instead.
- You can practice breathing, grounding techniques to overcome stress for example.
- Gratitude: List 3 things that you are grateful for.
- Get outside and if possible in the morning (even a parking spot, but nature is better 😁). Even more important now, since most of us are still working from home.
- These are practical things that take no time out of your day.
- How are wellness and mental health connected to your finances? With the pandemic came uncertainty and stress with finances.
- Stronger mental health will help you make better decisions (e.g. Deal better with budget changes).
- You will be better equipped against scammers.
- Job loss or job change: Work with a financial advisor/financial professional and/or mental health professional.
- Approach wellness from a positive place, not from a place of restriction.
- What Valerie has done lately: Not fill up her plate so much with all sorts of activities and as get more physically active by kicking some air 💪!
Who is Valerie?
Valerie Moses is the founder of Wellness & Wanderlust, a lifestyle blog and weekly podcast that demystifies wellness trends and explores ways to live happier and healthier lives. Based in Central Florida, Valerie also works full-time for a local credit union, where she handles public relations and community engagement efforts. She loves giving back through volunteer work and mentorship, and when she isn’t writing or interviewing a new guest for the show, she can be found crafting an itinerary for her next travel adventure. Connect with Valerie at @wellnessandwanderlustblog on Instagram and Facebook, or email her at valerie@wellnessandwanderlust.
- Website: Wellness & Wanderlust
- Podcast: Wellness and Wanderlust
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: @wellnesandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
- Apps: All Trails
- Find a Financial Advisor near you (US): Wealthtender
- Book recommendation:
- Best purchase under 100 dollars: An Adirondack Chair to sit outside and read a book!
If you liked this episode you can buy me a drink, leave a review on Apple Podcasts, or share the episode with a friend 🙏 . Make sure you follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!