“Who is Going to Care More About Your Money Than You?”
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Ilona from The Money Memories Podcast.
Ilona’s cool podcast is about having her guests share their impactful money memories and reflect on them. We met through a personal finance Facebook group and after we chatted, I thought well, Ilona why don’t you come here to tell us about YOUR money memories!
Ilona’s money memories will take us from a mathematical error at the bank, her frugal upbringing and approach to money to her realizing that “hey, I need to start making a plan with my money”!
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you feel your money story is unique and that others might not understand where you come from. (Spoiler alert: it is not that unique).
- What is your first money memory?
- I would recommend you try to dig into your early money memories. It can help you to find out how your relationship with money came to be. Your early money memories will explain a lot about how you think about money today.
- For Ilona: Money is just math and she has always been frugal.
- Stick your head out of the sand:
- You can be frugal and save money, but at some point, you need to make a plan with your money.
- Map an investing plan (inflation vs high yield savings account rate)
- Money issues are universal: Everyone feels as if they are the only one but someone may relate to your money story as well.
- Quick actionable tips to get started with your money:
- Log into your accounts NOW (and retrieve your passwords if necessary 😅), have the overview of your balances (for the US: you can use Personal Capital). I repeat this can be done NOW.
- Map out your financial goals and build your plan.
- Her dad’s quote: “Who’s going to take care more about your money than you?”
Who is Ilona?
- Website: Bear and The Bull
- Podcast: Money Memories
- Twitter: @BearandtheBull1
- Book recommendation: The Count of Monte Cristo
- Best purchase under 100 dollar: Samsung Q2U microphone
If you liked this episode you can buy me a drink, leave a review on Apple Podcasts, or share the episode with a friend 🙏 . Make sure you follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!