2020: A Good Year For The European Real Estate Crowdfunding Industry
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Tanel the CEO of Reinvest24.
Reinvest24 is an Estonian real-estate crowdfunding platform that has been on the market for a little over 3 years (I have used it for about 1 year now without any issues).
Tanel will give us an update on the Real Estate Crowdfunding space in Europe and how the platforms have performed during the last turbulent year. He will also provide us with an update on Reinvest24 and why they are now expanding to Spain and Moldova!
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are keen to invest in Real Estate Crowdfunding and ready to explore uncharted territories 😄.
- Real Estate:
- Estonia: Transactions are picking up in 2021 in Estonia, developers are confident.
- Rest of Europe, not yet as enthusiastic.
- Residential Real Estate is on the front line. Commercial RE is behind: There is less hurry, businesses have time to wait for a deal compared to people looking for a home.
- Offices: Tanel believes they still present an attractive opportunity for post-Covid times. And currently, people rent out office spaces instead of rooms for tourism on Airbnb.
- Good year for crowdfunding platforms:
- Investors are more educated and more cautious (not only high risks and high returns promises) understand risks better.
- Purge year: All platforms that did not handle risks well (overpromised on high yields, buyback guarantees,…) are in a bad situation.
- The first rule for investors: Do not lose your capital.
- Reinvest expanding:
- Spain: Reinvest24 develops the projects themselves (not via third parties). After a tough year, the environment is favorable for investing (tax for developers reduced from 12% to 4%). Valencia is an interesting region to invest in.
- Moldova: Difficult market to enter for Real Estate. It is on its way to enter the EU. Tanel and his team are expecting growth, good yields and believe it makes for attractive investments as the economy is growing rapidly and real estate prices are increasing.
- The partner company is Kirsan if you want to do more research.
- Crowdfunding regulations in the EU will be enforced at the end of the year.
- Makes the process easier for the platforms
- Retail investors: Increase protection
- “The problem is not the problem the problem is your attitude to the problem” – Captain Jack Sparrow.
Who is Tanel?
Spring Cashback Campaign
- Website: Reinvest24
- Articles on investing in Moldova:
- LinkedIn: Tanel Orro
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: @ReInvest24
- Facebook: @ReInvest24
- Instagram: @reinvest24
- Telegram: https://t.me/reinvest24
- Get started with Reinvest24: Affiliate link
- What should you do with 100 EUR? Buy a course Udemy.
If you liked this episode you can buy me a drink, leave a review on Apple Podcasts, or share the episode with a friend 🙏 . Make sure you follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!