Hint: Do a Financial Exercise Every Day!
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Milan the co-founder of Finny.
Finny is the gamified personal finance learning platform he co-founded with his wife and today we will learn about his path to financial freedom.
We will talk about the errors he made when he started investing in the stock markets, how he managed his finances using the antibudget principle, and finally the importance of prioritizing your financial fitness.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are having a hard time managing your money (and your budget) and want to hear another point of view that could be a better fit for your situation.
- Stay away from daily financial news, it is entertainment, not solid research (science). The lack of financial education is a recipe for disaster that can for example lead you to make wrong decisions (selling at the bottom of the market). Without the proper education, the difference between Information and entertainment can be confusing
- The anti-budget is for people who hate to budget (or struggled in the past with sticking to a budget). The anti-budget method says you should pay yourself first (savings, retirement, 401K, investment portfolio, etc), and pay your bills and dues, and spend what’s leftover.
- Make personal finance a habit in your couple (have a set time like Saturday morning for example), you will be more successful with your finances.
- Financial fitness is like health & fitness. You need to do a financial exercise every day to keep financially fit (learn something new, think about ways to make or save more money, or your path to financial freedom)
Who is Milan?
Milan Kovacevic is the co-founder of Finny, a personal finance startup. Finny offers free, game-based personal finance education, where people can learn everything they need to know about money matters, engage in the community of like-minded people passionate about financial wellness and earn rewards along the way. Before Finny, Milan was a corporate executive at Oracle. He lives with his wife Chihee and two young kids in Burlingame, California. In his spare time, he enjoys running, working out, and traveling to new destinations.
- Website: Finny
- Twitter: @askfinny
- Instagram: @askfinny
- Book recommendation: Grit
- Best purchase under 100 dollars:
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts, share the episode with a friend 🙏 and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!