A Look back at Our Podcast Journey So Far
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Ishu from the Starting To Know Business podcast.
This is a collaboration episode where we cross-interview each other. Ishu is a passionate entrepreneur and he recently started a podcast about exploring the unexplored depths of the business world.
We share the same passion for engaging our audiences (you, amigos) and sharing knowledge through podcasting. We will discuss our journeys so far since we are still learning about this medium as we go along, we will tackle the benefits of starting a podcast vs running a blog (or can we do both?) and provide some tips for anyone looking at starting one.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are curious about starting a podcast: The practicalities, how to get started, what to keep in mind, and as well the benefits of podcasting.
- The power of podcasting: Meeting awesome people and leveraging knowledge. This is as well an opportunity for an undistracted conversation (very rare these days).
- You get access to free knowledge and you can build a connection with the audience, just think of the radio shows you enjoy (or have enjoyed in your teenage years).
- Your audience can listen to Podcasts on the go, during your commute, on a trip, or while preparing in the morning.
- There is a low barrier to entry as the startup costs are minimal: Hosting costs and a microphone below 100 USD/EUR,… On the flip side, there is a big learning curve with regards to the technical aspects and the first episode will be hard!
- Should you repurpose your content? YES! Adapt your content to the platform and you will attract visitors from different platforms (Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Just do it, just start even if it a 5-minutes intro episode.
Who is Ishu?
Ishu Singh is also a founder of Innstal and Scabus. He also works with organizations on Product, Process, Growth, Branding, and much more.
He has been an entrepreneur for the last 16 years. During his corporate career, he built the management systems of many companies, handled the projects of a few thousand to multi-million dollar projects while dealing with major corporations like Nissan, GM, etc.
His project, Innstal has been featured in inc. magazine, Global TV morning show, Yourstory, iHeartRadio, and other media.
You can learn more about him, here: www.ishusingh.com.
- Website: Ishu Singh
- Podcast: Starting to Know Business
- Twitter: @IamIshuSingh
- Youtube: Ishu Singh
- TikTok: @iam.ishusingh
- Instagram: @iam.ishusingh
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!