Get off the Couch! Financially speaking
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Dimitry Neyshtadt from 90 Days Money Pro.
We chatted through Social Media and met at Fincon last year. Dimitry is a Chartered Financial Consultant from the Boston area and has helped hundreds of families with setting their finances straight.
Dimitry will guide us through the right order of organizing our finances, why this approach makes sense compared to some other common advice. We will talk about one of the major mind shift Dimitry has observed with his clients thanks to his program and we will end up with his compelling story on why he became a financial consultant. The interview is great fun and Dimitry shares some great examples to help us digest every key aspect of managing our money.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you are ready to take your finances to the next level but are unsure about where to begin: Should you pay off my debt first? Should you budget first? Should you start investing right away? and so on.
- Organizing your finances in the right order is crucial, here are Dimitry’s PEMDAs that can withstand the test of time:
- Protection: Insurance and legal documents
- Emergency fund
- Monthly cash-flow management: How do you organize your bank accounts? how do you pay you bills and save money every month?…
- Debt: Some debt can be paid like a regular bill, it is all about identifying which one is toxic and needs to be treated.
- Assets optimization: Make your money work harder for you
- Succession or Estate planning: Pass on your wealth
- Don’t be a (financial) couch potato, get off the couch but have a plan. Jumping jacks are better than nothing but they might not be optimal for you.
- With regards to Dimitry’s clients: A big mindset shift occurs when they start to organize their bank accounts. The golden rule here is to have a purpose for each one and to give each dollar a role. This has helped them save more money and change their lives.
- When it comes to money: Don’t chase the horizon, you’ll never catch it!
Who is Dimitry?
Dimitry Neyshtadt has been advising and helping families make smart financial decisions for over 12 years. As a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), he has personally guided hundreds of families to accomplish their financial goals with more confidence, knowledge, and peace of mind – by making complicated topics easier to understand. And he even makes it fun to take action and improve financially!
He frequently speaks as a Personal Finance and Millennial Money Expert – sharing my specialized knowledge with American families so that they can live their lives with financial confidence replacing financial stress.
- Website: 90 Day Money Pro
- Youtube: The Money Pro Method
- Facebook: @90DayMoneyPro
- Instagram: @90daymoneypro
- Twitter: @90DayMoneyPro
- Book recommendations:
- Best purchase under 100 EUR: A piggy bank!
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!