How to avoid being scammed
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Tanel Orro, he is the CEO of Reinvest24.
Reinvest24 is an Estonian Real estate crowdfunding platform that has been on the market for a little over 2 years.
P2P lending platforms and real estate crowdfunding platforms have grown popular in recent years, especially here in Europe. These offer easy ways to invest your hard-earned cash and get decent returns and even pretty high ones. What’s not to like about them?
Well, it is not all that rosy as high in demand markets also attract fraudulent players. This is what we will discuss today on the show with Tanel and as a professional, he will guide us through what to look for before investing your money so you are sure you are not being scammed.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts
This episode is for you if you want to take a closer look at P2P lending platforms or Real Estate crowdfunding platform and want to know how to perform your due diligence before taking the plunge.
- With Reinvest24, you invest in rental real estate. They own it through a special company (SPV) and the rental income is then redistributed to the investors.
- The pandemic caused a hit in the real estate market in Estonia but if you take a long-term perspective, it is a relatively small hit (at least for Estonia).
- Risks should be the priority for retail investors (that is you and me), do not be blinded by the promises of high yields only. High yields mean high risks.
- What to look for before investing?
- Check company and property registries
- If you are tech-savvy, you can evaluate the website look and feel (does it look “familiar”? What about spelling mistakes? Similar design to other websites, etc)
- The management team: Are they reliable? Are they on social media? Are they showing themselves?
- The Buyback guarantee may seem like a safety guarantee but it may be a marketing gimmick
- Aggressive marketing practices such as referrals with high bonuses and increased yields on investments.
- Crises have 2 sides: Downsides but as well opportunities!
Who is Tanel?
Tanel has been the CEO of Reinvest24.com for 2 years now (from the launch of the platform). Before Reinvest24 he worked for LHV asset management for 4 years. He graduated from Estonian Business School and he is an entrepreneur by heart. Tanel has been interested in finance and investing since he was a teenager (he turned 30 years old a few weeks back). He has lived and worked in Australia and the USA for some period of his life.
- Website: Reinvest24
- LinkedIn: Tanel Orro
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: @ReInvest24
- Facebook: @ReInvest24
- Instagram: @reinvest24
- Article discussed on the show: How to Make Sure You Are Not Being Scammed
- Get started with Reinvest24: Affiliate link
- Book recommendation: The Alchemist
- Best purchase under 100 EUR: Whatever learning opportunity is worth it, even if it is through a videogame!
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!