Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you! (just kidding)
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Martin from Studenomics.
Martin is a fun personal finance content creator helping 20 and 30-somethings to manage their finances, make more money, and enjoy better lives.
We will talk about his unique approach to personal finance, how you can make more money and we will discuss a topic that has been on both our minds for a while as well: how the motivational content online (you know the Gary Vaynerchuk or Grant Cardone videos) is getting you excited but actually nowhere. It can even ruin you.
This episode is for you if you are looking at making more money from side hustles and/or if you enjoy motivational content a little too much!
- Martin’s motto: You can have anything you want, not everything you want
- “No money, no options”
- If you want more possibilities with your money: Make more through side activities (why not try an Airbnb experience?), frugality will only get you so far.
- Motivational content :
- It can feel good and get you motivated but there is a lot of fluff around.
- Getting inspired is great, but do not only consume, at some point you need to do the work!
- Look for specific content, not only the generic stuff
- Be wary of MLM schemes that promise easy money, flatters your ego, and prey on you.
- Morning routine:
- You do not have to wake up at 4 am like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson to be successful in your endeavors. Who wants to go to bed at 8 pm?
- Find a routine that works for you.
- Don’t become a mindless robot. You do not need more books, or courses, you need more action.
Who is Martin?
Martin Dasko is a personal finance blogger who started Studenomcis in 2008 when he was still a college student. He helps readers make more money with side hustles so that they can live a life of adventure.
- Website: Studenomics
- Podcast: Do You Even Hustle?
- Youtube: Studenomics TV
- Airbnb Experience Podcast episode: How to Make A Side Income with Airbnb Experiences (Financial Independence Europe Podcast)
- Book recommendation: Never Eat Alone
- Best purchase under 100 USD/EUR: Have a delicious 4:30 a.m; coffee with that French Press Machine 😉!
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!