Do What You Can’t!
In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Michelle from Michelle is Money Hungry.
We met through the Fincon community and hang out mostly on Twitter. Michelle is a fun, driven and passionate online entrepreneur from Denver, Colorado. Here is a video from Casey Neystat, one of the best videos I have seen in a while and it fits perfectly well with Michelle’s story.
She has been able to develop her online business through trial and errors by monetizing her own skills. Michelle will share her inspiring story following the “Do What You Can’t” approach and we will discuss how you can monetize your current skills, what are ways to do that ethically during a pandemic and the importance of developing people skills in this digital age. Michelle will provide excellent actionable tips and takes us on a fun ride!
This episode is for you if you are looking at developing new skills at your day job but feel trapped/blocked and as well for you who are looking at monetizing what you already know!
- Whatever skill you want to develop, Do what you can’t do, do it anyway! Don’t let others block your progress.
- Monetizing skills:
- Do what you are excited about (not necessarily what you are good at).
- Develop a skillset and then sell how you did it.
- Leverage technology (there is no excuse if you are below 80! see here @stylecrone)
- Selling skills ethically during a pandemic :
- You gotta eat.
- Help people with their needs: Save time with grocery shopping, Make custom-made masks.
- Making even a small amount every month can make a significant difference in your budget. Making this extra income will light you up and empower you.
- Developing your business:
- Set boundaries (with auto-responders on emails e.g.)
- Experience and find out how you work at your best.
- Create a vision for your business that aligns with how you want to live your life.
- People skills: Active listening and developing intuition are major soft skills that employers will value. If you have kids, have them play around with other kids make sure they do not become future weirdos 😉.
Who is Michelle?
Michelle Jackson is mission-driven to help her readers and listeners empower themselves financially. Whether it is by improving their personal finances or learning how to sell what they already know-she loves having those conversations. Michelle runs the website and podcast “Michelle is Money Hungry” and is the founder of the Money on the Mountain retreat focused on empowering financially single women one conversation at a time. When she’s not geeking out about personal finance you can find her hiking in the mountains of Colorado.
- Website: Michelle is Money Hungry
- Podcast: Michelle is Money Hungry
- Book recommendation:
- Courses :
- Best purchase under 100 USD/EUR: Have a coffee, or why not a mimosa for that matter!
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!