If you are familiar with the blog and podcast, you know I enjoy presenting various ways to invest your hard-earned cash and not always the “classic” stocks, bonds, and real estate 😉. Past articles and Podcast interviews have indeed included unconventional investing options such as Peer-to-Peer lending platforms, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, Lego’s, etc.
With the fantastic age of the internet, more and more investment opportunities are constantly coming to the market. Below you will find a great tool that will select for you the best possible online investment platforms matching your investment profile. The extensive list of various online investment opportunities belongs to the below categories.
Hedge Funds and Private Equity
Social Trading Platforms
Not your classic stock portfolio, right? This does not mean it’s better or worse, consider those categories as alternative ways to make your money work for you.
Now, before you get on with using the tool there are several things to consider :
- What are your goals with investing in general? Growing passive income or your wealth over time?
- Talking about time, what is your time horizon? 1 year, 5 years, or more?
- What is your risk tolerance? To put this in layman terms: what would be an amount you would be comfortable with missing and will let you sleep at night?
- Can you miss that dinero or will you need it in the short-term?
- One last important thing, please keep in my that most of these are for US investors and some of these even for accredited investors only (people with a net worth of more than 1 million USD). For Europeans, I have listed the platforms I use below the tool.
- I have personally not tried or tested any of those platforms since they are mostly US-based, nevertheless, I have met with the founders of Masterworks and Acre Trader and have heard great feedback of Fundrise by several of my Fincon friends.
- Please do your own research when evaluating any investment opportunity.
Have fun and if you have tried any of those, I’ll be glad to hear your feedback in the comments below 😀.
Alternative investment platforms in Europe
Some platforms appear in the tool above but I wanted to add the ones I personally use and which bring me additional cash-flow every single month 😀. Keep the same rules in mind when putting your money into these platform in terms of goals, time horizon, and risk tolerance, and do your research upfront.
If you choose to experiment or get started with those, you will get a small cash bonus or increased interest rate by signing up through my referral links. You can of course choose to register directly by yourself, that is totally up to you. I simply want to be transparent with you.
- Investment type: Crowdestor is a business and Real Estate crowdfunding platform that gives everyone the opportunity to invest directly without middlemen and hidden conditions or costs.
- Bonus: 1% cashback
- Conditions: We will both earn 1% each from the investment that you make.
- Link Crowdestor
- Investment type: Reinvest24 is an Estonian Real Estate crowdfunding platform for projects in Estonia
- Bonus: 10 EUR
- Conditions: Minimum investment of 100 EUR.
- Link: Reinvest24
- Investment type: Mintos is one of the largest Peer-2-Peer lending platforms in Europe (for more details, you can listen to my interview with The Wealthy Finn)
- Bonus: New investors get a 0.5% cashback in the first 90 days after signing up on the platform. (currently on hold due to the COVID situation)
- Conditions: To be updated.
- Link: Mintos
- Investment type: Housers is a Spanish real estate crowdfunding platform. They started offering projects in Spain but are growing and have been expanding to Italy and Portugal as well. I have been a Housers user for 4 years, I spent a considerable amount of time researching the company before putting in some money but then at some point, I gave it a go (you know me, I am a financial guinea pig 😁). Now unfortunately it seems that since the change of management, things have become fishy and I would not recommend it anymore. I share the same opinion as my friend Jean Galea, which you can read below
- Recommended read: Housers 2021 – Avoid this platform!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!