In today’s episode, we will speak to my friend Joyce from Financial Impulse.
I met Joyce through the Fincon community and met her as well last September at the Fincon conference. She writes about a wide array of topics on her blog Financial Impulse: Picking good companies to invest in, career advice, Debt, Emergency funds, cheap date ideas, etc. She has also developed two interesting series of articles: “Is it worth it?” and “From Freelance to Full-Time” which I enjoyed reading myself.
What I did not immediately know about Joyce is that she is a full-time digital marketer who specializes in SEO (Search Engine Optimization). In layman terms: The process behind increasing the quality and the quantity of traffic to a website (her blog and this one for example) and getting it highly ranked in Google.
We will discuss how she combines her professional career and passion project (the blog): Digital marketing (with a focus on SEO) and Personal Finance. In the first part of the episode, she will provide some practical SEO tips which will be helpful for any type of content creators (Bloggers, Podcaster and Youtubers, people like me that suck at SEO 😅, etc.) and in the second part we will dive deeper into the Personal Finance part.
…or listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
This episode is for you if you want to start a blog (or podcast/Youtube channel) and wonder about how to be easily searchable in Google and as well if you are looking at broadening your perspectives on Personal Finance.
- If you are already passionate about your full-time job, why not look at a side “passion” project that you could develop on your own? This can be a great way to give you an edge, test the waters, develop skills and potentially go from a part-time project to a full-time one.
- SEO tips :
- Create good content around solid keywords, not the other way around.
- Do not overstuff your article with the keywords, this will look fishy to Google, use them “naturally”.
- Use long-tail keywords in your blog posts to be more specific. For more read here.
- Link to high-quality websites/authoritative sources.
- When starting a website, have a few posts ready.
- Joyce’s Personal Finance tip: Do not follow the herd, make your own choices and do not be afraid to deviate from what everyone else does (e.g. live further away if, drive a scooter instead of a car,..)
- Go and read Joyce’s blog, it is full of useful and fun stuff!
PS: I have checked the cost of LASIK and in Luxembourg, it is about 4000 EUR/eye, and from 2000 to 3000 EUR in France and Belgium.
Who is Joyce?
Joyce is a digital content marketer and freelance writer based in Texas. She created the personal finance resource site Financial Impulse to experiment with SEO and also educate herself (and readers) on personal finance basics. You can connect with her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through Twitter.
- Website: Financial Impulse
- Twitter: @financeimpulse
- Articles mentioned in the episode
- Book recommendation: Give and Take
- Best purchase under 100 USD: Wacom Graphics tablet to let your creativity flow!
If you liked this episode, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and do follow us on social media as well for more great content, check our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and join our e-mail list. I would love to connect with you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase. This will help to support Joney Talks!
4 thoughts on “How to rock at SEO and cultivate a smart Financial Impulse with Joyce”
I am definitely going to try her advice, especially about outbound links and researching keywords and creating posts based on keywords instead of the other way around. Thanks! Great episode!
Hey there thanks for listening to the episode and glad you found actionable tips! I will focus a bit more on using the keywords thing for future posts as well for my part 🙂